New York and Philadelphia – May 7, 2020 – The National Association of Water Companies (NAWC) has released the 2018 edition of the Contract Operations Market Report, produced by Mazars USA. The report compiles survey data on the contract operations of water and wastewater utilities, with the goal of measuring industry growth and the performance of the private sector involved in these operations. This year’s report compares the latest data to the 2017 findings, better illustrating trends and sector performance.
Water and wastewater contract operators provide various services including professional management, technical expertise, financial controls, and human resources capabilities primarily to municipal, regional and federal authorities responsible for water and wastewater systems.
“Water and wastewater contract operators play a key role in supporting safe and reliable drinking water and wastewater service for public systems in communities across the nation,” said Robert Powelson, NAWC President and Chief Executive Officer. “Mazars’ recent report provides more granular information about this water industry segment so contract operators are able to serve customers even better as the industry grows.”
The study compiled survey data from 18 companies, including NAWC’s six largest members, on the contract operations of water and wastewater utilities.
The report demonstrates:
- Growing demand for contract operations services
- The companies surveyed manage nearly 6.8 billion gallons per day and serve more than 37 million people – an increase of nearly 5% over the prior year.
- Respondents service more clients (1,057, up from 1,015) and are generating more revenue ($1.6 billion, up from $1.4 billion).
- High overall customer satisfaction within the contract operations industry
- Greater than 99% retention rate with respondents reporting only eight contracts that reverted back to the public sector in 2018.
- Prevailing model is for full contract operations and maintenance agreements
- Nine out of 10 agreements are for full contract operations and maintenance rather than a segmented or limited role.
The Report was published by NAWC’s Contract Operations Committee, a group that helps raise awareness around the solutions available to municipal, industrial, and federal water and wastewater utility owners.
NAWC represents regulated water and wastewater companies, as well as ones engaging in partnerships with municipal utilities. NAWC members provide 73 million Americans with safe and reliable water service every day. For more information about NAWC, please visit www.NAWC.org or follow on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Contact: Meredith Moore, VP, Communications and Marketing, email@example.com
About Mazars USA
Mazars USA LLP is a high-performing accounting, tax and consulting firm with significant national presence in strategic U.S. geographies. Since 1921, our dedicated professionals have leveraged technical industry expertise to develop customized solutions for clients, create value, and Optimize their performance. We offer a broad array of industry specialists providing services to growth-oriented enterprises and individuals. As the independent US member firm of Mazars Group, we deliver seamless access to the expertise of 24,000 professionals in 90+ countries. At local and global levels, we are proud of our value-added services, building lasting relationships with our clients and communities. For more information, visit us at www.mazarsusa.com.
Contact: Beth More, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org